The Longest Day Ride is when cyclists all over New Zealand ride from sunrise to sunset on the longest day of the year. People do this for a number of reasons:
- As a personal challenge.
- As an enjoyable adventure.
- To raise money for Arthritis New Zealand.
2012 is the fourth year the Longest Day Ride has been held. We raised over $4,000 last year.
Longest Day Ride 2012
There are three different options for the Longest Day Ride this year:
- Ride from sunrise to sunset on Friday 21st December 2012
Technically Friday is the longest day of the year.
- Ride from sunrise to sunset on Saturday 22nd December 2012
This is the summer solstice and less than 1 second shorter than the longest day.
- Ride from sunrise to sunset on both days
Because we’re calling the bluff of anyone who has bought this insane idea up.
- How to Do the Longest Day Ride – a quick guide to get you started.
- How to Share Your Longest Day Ride – social media options for sharing your adventures
- Longest Day Rides Around New Zealand - that you can join up with.
- Contact Us – if you have any questions.
- Longest Day Ride Facebook Event Page – a good place to ask questions and swap ideas.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
If you are interested in participating in the Longest Day Ride, or just want to keep updated please sign-up to our monthly(ish) newsletter.